Our Sidewall Shingles are manufactured from our highest grade #1 green shingles which have been kiln dried, rebutted and rejointed.
They are specifically designed for sidewall application.
Available Sizes and Grades
• #1 18" RR (rebutted-rejointed), Sanded, Non-sanded, Natural Groove, Bandsawn
• #1 18" RR available in Alaskan Yellow Cedar, Sanded, Non-Sanded and Natural Groove
• #1 18" Shingles are available in 1 square and 1/2 square cartons. One square carton covers 100 sq. ft. at the recommended 14" double course exposure. 8" is the maximum exposure recommended for single course.
• #1 24" RR (rebutted-rejointed), Sanded, Non-sanded, Natural Groove
• #1 24" shingles are available in 1/2 square cartons. Two 1/2 square cartons cover 100 sq. ft. at the recommended 16" double course exposure. 10.5" is the maximum exposure recommended for single course.
Sanded shingles have a smooth sanded face on one side producing a very clean, uniform look. Guaranteed A face, A butt.
Natural Groove shingles have a striated or combed face on one side.
Non-sanded have a circular sawn or a bandsawn face.
Summary of Sizes and Coverage Table
Characteristics & Advantages of a Sidewall Shingle
Stain sidewall shingles are available in:
• Transparent Stain
• Semi-transparent Stain
• Most Semi-solid Stains
Prime sidewall shingles are available in:
• Prime Gray (solid body oil-based stain)
• Prime White (solid body oil-based stain)