Characteristic of a Sidewall Shingle
• Manufactured from Old Growth Western Red Cedar
• 100% Edge Grain
• Kiln dried to 10-13% moisture content.
• Machine trimmed for exactly parallel edges.
• Butt sawn at precise right angles.
• Highest grade shingle manufactured.
• Natural beauty and durability unmatched.
Advantages of using Kiln Dried Sidewall Shingles vs. Green Shingles
• Ready for application.
• Minimal shrinkage on wall after application.
• Product has been cured and stabilized via kiln drying.
• Ready for coating (staining or painting).
• No moisture between sheathing and shingle.
• No trimming or edging is necessary before application.
• Product has been graded at least four times
• Energy conservation; highest R-Factor of all widely used sidings.